Cervical Screening - EDIFACT
Send cervical screening test results from the screening system to GP practices using the Electronic Data Interchange for Administration, Commerce and Transport (EDIFACT) standard.
About this standard
- NHS Digital
Show definitions of statuses
Active standards are stable, maintained and have been assured or endorsed for use by qualified bodies.
Standards in development are APIs or API standards in alpha or beta, meaning they are available for use but are still in progress and may change.
Deprecated standards are older versions of a standard which are being phased out.
Retired standards are not being maintained and should not be used.
- Standard type
- Technical standards and specifications
Show definitions of standard types
Record standards define what information to collect and how to format it, for example when registering a new patient.
Data definitions and terminologies define the format of individual data items so they can be consistently represented, for example dates or medication names. Reference sets and controlled lists are also included.
Technical standards and specifications specify how to make information available technically including how the data is structured and transported.
Information codes of practice are legal or best practice guidelines on how information should be handled.
- Contact details
Link to standard
- View documentation for this standardopens in a new tab
(opens in new tab)
Topics and care settings
- Tests and diagnostics
- Care setting
- GP / Primary care
Dependencies and related standards
This standard can only be used where there is a legal basis to do so.
- Related standards
- Message Exchange for Social Care and Health (MESH) API - use this API to transfer messages and large files securely across health and social care organisations
- Pathology Messaging - EDIFACT - use this to receive pathology test results in GP practices from laboratories using EDIFACT messages sent over MESH
- Bowel Cancer Screening - EDIFACT - send bowel cancer screening test results from the screening system to GP practices.
Assurance and endorsements
- Reference code for standards issued as requirements in England
- None - not legally mandated
- Quality assurance
Not yet known.
No known endorsements.