NHS Continuing Healthcare Patient-Level Data Set
An information standard which sets out the rules for an end to end, patient level data set that captures data relating to patient details, NHS CHC eligibility, activity, reviews and care packages.
About this standard
- NHS Digital
Show definitions of statuses
Active standards are stable, maintained and have been assured or endorsed for use by qualified bodies.
Standards in development are APIs or API standards in alpha or beta, meaning they are available for use but are still in progress and may change.
Deprecated standards are older versions of a standard which are being phased out.
Retired standards are not being maintained and should not be used.
- Standard type
- Data definitions and terminologies
Show definitions of standard types
Record standards define what information to collect and how to format it, for example when registering a new patient.
Data definitions and terminologies define the format of individual data items so they can be consistently represented, for example dates or medication names. Reference sets and controlled lists are also included.
Technical standards and specifications specify how to make information available technically including how the data is structured and transported.
Information codes of practice are legal or best practice guidelines on how information should be handled.
- Contact details
Link to standard
- View documentation for this standardopens in a new tab
(opens in new tab)
Topics and care settings
- Reference data
- Care setting
Dependencies and related standards
No known dependencies
- Related standards
- DCB0090 Health and Social Care Organisation Reference Data
- DCB0086 Data Security and Protection Toolkit
- ISB0149-01 NHS Number for General Practice
- ISB0149-02 NHS Number for Secondary Care
- DCB2094 Sexual Orientation Monitoring
- DCB0129 Clinical Risk Management: its Application in the Manufacture of Health IT Systems
- DCB0160 Clinical Risk Management: its Application in the Deployment and Use of Health IT Systems
- DCB3058 Compliance with National Data Opt-outs
- DCB1605 Accessible Information
- DCB2117 NHS Continuing Healthcare Data Set
Assurance and endorsements
- Reference code for standards issued as requirements in England
- Quality assurance
This standard has been approved by the Data Coordination Board (legacy) and published as an information standard notice (ISN).
- Not applicable